Richard Heinberg is the author of fourteen books including:
– Power: Limits and Prospects for Human Survival (2021)
– Our Renewable Future: Laying the Path for One Hundred Percent Clean Energy, co-authored with David Fridley (2016)
– Afterburn: Society Beyond Fossil Fuels (2015)
– Snake Oil: How Fracking’s False Promise of Plenty Imperils Our Future (2013)
– The End of Growth: Adapting to Our New Economic Reality (2011)
– Blackout: Coal, Climate, and the Last Energy Crisis (2009)
– Peak Everything: Waking Up to the Century of Declines (2007)
– The Oil Depletion Protocol: A Plan to Avert Oil Wars, Terrorism & Economic Collapse (2006)
– Powerdown: Options & Actions for a Post-Carbon World (2004)
– The Party’s Over: Oil, War & the Fate of Industrial Societies (2003)
Richard is Senior Fellow at Post Carbon Institute and is regarded as one of the world’s foremost advocates for a shift away from our current reliance on fossil fuels. He has authored scores of essays and articles that have appeared in such journals as Nature, Wall Street Journal, The American Prospect, Public Policy Research, Quarterly Review, Yes!, and The Sun; and on websites such as Resilience.org, TheOilDrum.com, Alternet.org, ProjectCensored.com, Counterpunch.com, Commondreams.org, Citylab.com, Pacific Standard, Ensia.com, Ecowatch.org, and Truthout.com
Richard has delivered hundreds of lectures on energy and climate issues to audiences in 14 countries, addressing policy makers at many levels, from local City Councils to members of the European Parliament. He has been quoted and interviewed countless times for print (including for Reuters, the Associated Press, and Time), television (including Good Morning America, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Al-Jazeera, and C-SPAN), and radio (including NPR, WABC, and Air America).
Richard has appeared in many film and television documentaries, including Leonardo DiCaprio’s 11th Hour. He is a recipient of the M. King Hubbert Award for Excellence in Energy Education, and in 2012 was appointed to His Majesty the King of Bhutan’s International Expert Working Group for the New Development Paradigm initiative.
Richard’s videos Don’t Worry, Drive On, Who Killed Economic Growth? and 300 Years of Fossil Fuels in 300 Seconds (winner of a YouTubes/DoGooder Video of the Year Award) have been viewed by nearly two million people.